I don’t know how people get through a whole bunch of bananas without a few getting overripe. I, for one, have yet to be able to accomplish that task…but because of that banana bread is a standard recipe in my repertoire. Giving how often I make (and eat!) it, I had been on the hunt for a healthy banana bread recipe. While I’d love to say that I’ve come up with my own recipe, I really don’t have that much skill in the kitchen haha. There is one healthy banana bread recipe that I found, however, that I do use over and over again. It’s doesn’t use any sugar, oil, or butter and it still tastes delicious. All the credit goes to Beth at The First Year Blog. Here’s how to make it:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour or whole wheat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Add in the greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla, mix.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually mix in the flour until no streaks remain.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.